This July the iHub will launch our pilot women in business 6-month program, which will have three main pillars:
- an acceleration program for women running tech businesses
- a mentorship program for seasoned women in business
- meetups hosted by industry experts
The mentorship program will run for 6 months. The aim of the mentorship is to help women business owners:
- Gain more control over their business or career.
- Become visible in their industry.
- Learn how to accept feedback.
- Improve career opportunities.
- Expand contacts.
- Gain knowledge about technical aspects and soft skills.
- Spot opportunities they have missed before.
- Hone their skills.
- Gain a new perspective.
- Learn from the mistakes of others
Through this program, we will open doors to business for more women, elevate more women to positions of leadership, give women business leaders an opportunity to light the path for other women to rise and empower women to be the best versions of themselves.
Mentors will be required to:
- give about 3 to 4 hours of mentorship a month for 6 months
- attend a one-week boot camp at the 3-month mark
- Mentor on a volunteer basis
Mentorship sessions will be both virtual and face to face with intensity decided based on the mentees individual needs.
Ideal mentors fit the following profile:
- Seasoned women and men in business
- Understanding of operating and business environment.
- Experience in investing in companies in Africa or other emerging markets
- Experience in the internationalization of a product and/or international markets
- Professional expertise in key business areas including: Culture, Communications, Marketing/PR, Finance, Accounting, IT, legal, HR… etc
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Experience in building digital companies in Africa is preferred
- Access to professional networks including investors, corporates, NGOs and Government in East Africa and beyond
- Ability to commit 3-4 hours per month as needed.
- Attendance of the one-week boot camp at the iHub
- Able to mentor on a volunteer basis
Interested in being a mentor? Let us know HERE