iHub wants to grow the number of socially and economically empowered women entrepreneurs who run women-owned/women-led sustainable businesses working in the ICT sector in Kenya.
- Strengthening the capacity of women entrepreneurs to own and lead sustainable business working in the ICT sector.
- Strengthen the capacity of established women entrepreneurs to start, run and grow sustainable businesses that work in the ICT sector
- Identify women with the potential for entrepreneurship and nurture them to develop and run sustainable businesses in the ICT sectors
- Increasing the number of women-owned and women-led companies working in the ICT sector that can handle big money projects
- Strengthening collaboration between different actors in the ICT and innovation sector in order to utilise the learning and perspectives generated by the Women in Business programme to make evidence-based and credible contributions to relevant national and global policy discourses.
We are looking for women who have been in business for at least one year and have a product in the market that leverages technology.
The applicant(s) must:
- Be a woman:
- 18 and above
- Reside in Kenya
- Have a registered business
- Developing an innovative and scalable product that uses technology
- Has proof of concept and an existing business that is post revenue
- Business model must have a clear focus on sustainability.
- at least 1 year in operation
- post revenue which means you have begun to generate sales
- team of at least 2.
WHAT DO PARTICIPANTS GET?
- Networking and exposure to expand your business networks
- 6 months of customized support and training based on the startup/SME’s individualized needs
- Marketing and exposure through the different platforms
- 1:1 mentoring with experts, coaches and consultants.
- Access to ecosystem events hosted by program partners
Please note that this programme does not include monetary funding for your business
HOW DO YOU BECOME PART OF THE PROGRAM
- Applicants will complete a comprehensive application found online
- A jury made of key leaders from the implementing partners will select the companies that progress into the final
- Applicants must be able to attend biweekly Saturday sessions at the iHub office in Kilimani, Nairobi
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Successful applicants will
- have access to the iHub co-working space (desk space, meeting rooms for those formal discussions and lounges for laid back conversations, and other membership benefits)
- participate in a 6 month tailor-made programme that will develop their business acumen and entrepreneurial and technical skills
- Have access to business support services that range from legal services, human resources and many others
- Become more embedded in the East African entrepreneurs community, amplify the impact of their businesses, and ensure the value from their products/solutions and services reach those who would benefit the most
WHAT’S IN THE CURRICULUM
- Based on need, successful applicants will have access to the following resources:
- Customer Acquisition and Retention
- Marketing(Digital and Traditional Marketing)
- Business structuring and Strategy
- Technology support(tools, infrastructure, management and data)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.